Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Paris




Its ironic how my blog initially began as a way to track the events of my European excursion. As I read back, I notice I have very few details on my day to day experiences with the differences in culture and overall the trip to Europe!

So, for a few moments, allow me to take you to Paris.

Bienvenue à Paris. For a moment I thought I got dropped off in Greenwich village or some artsy strip in the heart of Manhattan. Beautiful, but everything is in French. I was fooled, because Paris outshines Manhattan. Don't get me wrong. I love my little island in NY, but the city of Paris captures an art and beauty unknown to the Big Apple.

Elaborate architecture, memorable monuments...for days, chic, trés Jolie people everywhere. If I wasn't observing the intricate detail of the Notre-Dame or beholding Le Sainte-Chapelle of Paris, my eyes were busily scanning the crowd of tailored suits, leather jackets, and beautiful faces.

There are always two sides to an equation, of course.

Aside from the constant outpouring of European beauty, I was faced with a not so glorious side in the subways. They stink. Coming from a New Yorker fluent in subway stench, that means they had to be bad. While not riding the subways, (which became a daily adventure) I was walking, and walking, and walking. However strenuous, it wasn't too horrible because of the many sites to see.

Overall, my stay in Paris was well spent, full of life, little sleep, and constant enjoyment. C'est la Vie!


No comments:

Post a Comment