Friday, May 21, 2010

England=Quaint Buildings, Homely Structures. I Miss Paris!





I feel guilty that I haven't fallen head over heels for the quaint buildings and homely structures surrounding England. I miss the fast-paced, glamour, and pizzazz of mon chéri Paris. England, my quiet friend is a different world. Cars drive on the left, pubs dominate the country, and the people are rather unique. Sadly, the manors, and plethora of sheep on the countryside haven't much warmed my heart. I'm still trying to discover the English patriotism and identity amongst a region so scattered with such diversity and internationals. Even here at Newbold College, there are only 3 British students enrolled. The rest of school is comprised of specks from the many countries of the world.

For now, I'm not convinced. But for the remainder of this journey, England I'll keep an open mind and give you a second try.

No comments:

Post a Comment