Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Queen is Home




Is it cheating if I blog about Europe, while sitting in the drab of America?

Oh well. I'm making the rules anyway:)

I never really explained why I had a change of heart about England.

Windsor Castle did it for me. The flag was flown high. The Queen was home! The history, magnificence, and presence that exists in that castle is incredible. Knight's armor decorated halls, a room dedicated solely to dollhouses, elaborate decor, interior design, and splendor that I personally think surpassed Versailles. It possessed a presence and quality that can only come from being inhabited. While a beauty itself, Versailles remains a figment of history. Unlike Versailles, Windsor is currently one residence of Queen Elizabeth.

I'd give up a pair of un-purchased Louboutins or even better, a Patek-Philippe watch to spend a day in such grandeur.

2 comments:

  1. nice pictures...love the castles and stone work and i think i could live like that...maybe for a day or two. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes:) maybe just a day or two. It can become just a bit overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete